Monday, December 28, 2009

What are some good Shampoos and Conditioners for an African- American Girl?

Me and my sister, which is 11.. wants to know what shampoos %26amp; conditioners we should use. Im african-american. Im 19, and my little sister is 11. What should we BOTH use?What are some good Shampoos and Conditioners for an African- American Girl?
There are many products on the market you can use, and you'd be surprised that many of them are for EVERY hair type, regardless of race. Most products that are specifically made for blacks have ingredients that no one should ever put in their hair, such as petroleum, which is often used in grease and many hair ';moisturizers.'; When I was relaxed I used shampoos like Dove and Pantene. Now that I'm natural I've switched over to more organic brands that don't contain harsh chemicals. Giovanni is one of many organic brands. I also use a product called Wen (http://www.wenhaircare.com) which is a cleansing conditioner, which means you no longer have to use shampoos because shampoos can dry out the hair. The cleansing conditioner will cleanse the hair and it acts as a rinse out conditioner, leave-in, and deep conditioner all in one. I have it and it's great for my hair. I wish I had discovered better products and healthy ways to take care of my hair when I was relaxed because then I wouldn't have had to deal with so much breakage from misinformation and myths.





What products you use will depend on how your hiar responds to them, and most likely you'll have to experiment with different hair products. Good luck.What are some good Shampoos and Conditioners for an African- American Girl?
That really depends on whether your hair is relaxed or natural. I prefer Pantene Relaxed and Natural products. But, many people who have used them did not like them. They work well for me! :)


I also know that Creme of Nature and Cantu products are VERY good.


In addition to using the right hair products, you must also make sure you are giving your hair the right care. Stay away from heat as much as possible (blowdrying, hot curling, flat ironing, etc...) Wash your hair about once a week. And, make sure that you condition it well.
if your hair is natural with out perm, relaxer, or texturrizer. Any shampoo with out sulfates or cones in it. and any conditioner with out out mineral oil.
Doo gro products are good for African American girls.Remember when washing often or chemically styling to back it up with a leave in conditioner.Doo gro makes a great leave in also.
Halle Berry uses Mixed Chicks. You will love how their deep conditioner detangles and softens your hair.
Herbel Essences and Aussie is really good. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment