Monday, December 28, 2009

How often do black girls shampoo their hair?

Or more to the point, why don't they shampoo more often? It is because the relaxer in their hair washes out?





I have straight blonde hair - and they are all very jealous of me. DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE.How often do black girls shampoo their hair?
Hahahaha.











Hahahahahahahhaa. I love my hair. But if you are honestly interested, water can't wash out a relaxer (it's a chemical process that permenantly changes hair's structure) but it can ruin a style that depends on hair spray and hair products. Relaxers without hair products are stiff and poofy. Just like when you go to the salon to get your hair curled or blown out you would avoid washing it becuase that reverts the style.





When I used to get relaxers nobody had better come at me with water becuase I had just spent $50 getting it styled. I'm now growing out a relaxer and I love washing my hair weekly, every other week or every few days depending on how much product build up I have. Relaxed hair should get washed a little more often I think. My hair smelled fine either way.








But whether natural or relaxed, highly textured hair doesn't get as oily as lank strands. Whether it's a difference in scalp oil production or the fact that curly hair hides oils better, I don't know. Plus shampooing can dry out a texture that needs natural oils.





I was in high school before I learned white girls vwith straight hair have to shampoo it every day or it gets all greasy. Ewww. No thanks.How often do black girls shampoo their hair?
it depends on the girl and what kind of hair she has.





relaxer doesnt wash out. it is a chemical process that breaks down the bonds (curl) to make the hair straight. so once that chemical reaction has been done, you cant re-do it. water wont revert a relaxer





we dont have to shampoo our hair as much as white girls (especially people with fine straight hair) because our hair doesnt get oily. thats why we have to use products to put oil and moisture back into hair.





btw i wash my hair every 5 days. any more than that and my hair and scalp gets very dry and would break. and why would anyone be jealous, if i wanted straight blonde hair i could buy it haha
*NiCOLE T.* is right. Black hair is different from white hair our hair doesn't get oily, so it doesn't need to be washed as.


And I am definitely not jealous of your hair. You are not that great. The only people who's hair makes me jealous are asians.
lol I know me too, they always hate off it haha!!





but yeah i think they shampoo it like every two weeks, because they get it permed that often so it stays straight...
every week because our hair needs to stay moisturized for a minute and not every black woman has a relaxer in the hair
Most of em shampoo thier hair regularly. Sometimes girls in general dont wash their hair. Which is gross
wow youre extreamly rude you better hope no one reports you.



gimme my points

No comments:

Post a Comment