Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you tip the shampoo guy/girl?

I just started going to a new salon where they have separate shampooers. I've always gone to salons where the stylist shampoos me. Even the last time I went to this new salon, my stylist shampooed my hair, but the last time I went, a different guy did it. I didn't see anyone else tipping him, and I was totally uncertain what to do, so I just gave him a couple bucks on my way out and said thanks. Is that appropriate? What's standard for this?Do you tip the shampoo guy/girl?
I just asked the owner of the salon I go to for ettiquette on this...she said its optional. But $1 to 3.00 is appreciated..but not expected.





If you go to a fancier salon..its probably expected.Do you tip the shampoo guy/girl?
You never tip the shampooer!!! OMG! He/she gets a cut from the stylist.
the person shampooing. has to live too, this is there job.


if you can afford it I say what a few bucks if it will help your brother pay a bill or help feed their child. Merry Christmas
The rule of thumb is, three for the shampoo person and five for the stylist.
The stylist also does the shampooing in many cases so I just tip her/him.
I did the other day when I was in.


The lady was super nice and didnt splash me once. SHe also included a nice head massage.


I gave her 4$...but it's the holidays. Normally id give a twoonie if he/she did a good job.
no, never thought of it....mostly the stylist do the washing!
I tip them about $2.00.
Tipping is for good service received. The ';norm'; is to tip between $2-$5 to the shampoo girl. Tipping is such a touchy subject and differs depending on where you live. In US restaurants, one tips their server, for good service, because they aren't even paid minimum wage. The tips, therefore, make up for what they should be earning. In Australian, you do not tip in restaurants. Rather they price the food according to allow the servers to be paid a fair rate.
The stylist should be giving a percentage of their tips to their respective shampooers.


I personally don't think a stylist should be tipped unless they do an above board job. If they rush through my cut and don't take a lot of time and do it right, I don't think they deserve a tip. (okay, ready for the hate mail from the hairstylists).
I don't have a shampoo guy/girl, but if i did I would tip them 1 dollar if you can afford it!

No comments:

Post a Comment