Thursday, December 24, 2009

I REALLY need conversation starters for my new job at the hair salon as a shampoo girl!!?

hi, i just got a part time job at a hair salon as a shampoo girl and i have one problem.


i cant seem to start good conversations with people!!


i say the usual ';hi, how ar you today. wow you have great hair, are you enjoying the summer?'; type of thing but what else can i say because its awkward washing someones hair in silence.





just simple questions. im 15 so not something like their views on the economy or polotics.





and what are some of the best compliments you were given at a hair salon?





thanks so much!!!I REALLY need conversation starters for my new job at the hair salon as a shampoo girl!!?
So are you going anywhere over the summer?


How old are you?


Do you live around here?


Have you come here before?


What grade are you in?I REALLY need conversation starters for my new job at the hair salon as a shampoo girl!!?
';I love this color on you, what made you decide to go (insert color here)?';





OR





';how are you cutting your hair today? oh cute, I've always wanted to do that but I'm not as daring with my hair';





OR





';Do you like cooler water or on the warmer side? yeah I hate cold water too';





OR





';what perfume are you wearing? I like that';





Just talk to them. They won't bite.


Hope it works out, peace
You can always say stuff like:


';is this your natural hair color? Its very pretty';


';So what do you do for a living?';


or you can suggest a color that would look good on them like ';you would look so pretty with ____ hair!';


';So what style are you gonna get your hair done?';


';So have you gone on any vacations?';





hahah i hoped i help(:
';What are you doing in school?. Do you like it.?';





Don't just ask question. Be like :';Yeah in school I'm studying Physics, and I really enjoy it'; or something.
Don't talk to them while you are shampooing them. They cannot hear you very well. Half of the point is that it is supposed to be relaxing, it is not relaxing for them if they have to listen to you and is certainly not relaxing if they have to respond. I know it may seem awkward, but no one wants to talk while they are getting their hair shampooed. On top of that it is really awkward for them to have to talk because their voice echos in the sink and they cannot hear what they are saying. It also hurts their neck because the jaw pushes back into the sink when you talk lying back. So talk to them before and after, but not while you are shampooing.
im sorry i can't help with your question but you're 15 and already got a job?


how did you do it?


i've been looking for one and this seems like a great one.
  • systemworks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment